Instructions for COVID-19 class filtering half mask TFM12
The protection efficiency level COVID-19, Declaration of Conformity Notified body involved in the conformity assessment: FORCE Certification NB 0200, DK-2605. Read the instructions before use.
The intended use and its’ limitations
- The product is a filtering half mask intended for professional use against coronavirus COVID-19. The product fulfills the EN 149:2001 + A1:2009 abridged requirements according to RfU 02.075 version 2 and Regulation (EU) 2016/425.
- This filtering half mask is manufactured for COVID-19 coronavirus protection only. As requested by World Health Organization recommendations, for this specific use, the nominal protection factor given by this filtering half mask is the same as the FFP2 nominal protection factor defined in EN 149:2001+A1:2009. This filtering half mask is not a filtering half mask for general use and shall not be used for purposes other than protection against COVID-19.
- Ensure that the protection is suitable for the current task, is worn correctly, is used during the entire workphase and is exchanged to a new one after removal or at the latest, after one work shift. Change protection to a new one also if it is damaged during use. If protection has respiratory valve, it does not protect others against user’s possible COVID-19 infection.
The mask does not protect from:
- gas or steam
- lack of oxygen (minimum oxygen level concentration 19.5 %)
- too high concentration of oxygen
- in occasions, where the contaminant or the risk caused by them is unknown
- if user can not make it fit on face properly
- Do not use mask if you have a beard or other facial hair, which can diminish the fit of mask on face and thus weaken the protection factor remarkably.
- Exit from location of use to a safe area immediately, if:
- your breathing becomes more difficult
- you feel vertigo or exhaustion
- Mask is not tested to be used in areas with danger of explosion.
- The flammability of mask is not tested. It is not to be used in the approximity of open fire.
- The mask or its’ material is not known to use irritation or harm to its’ user.
The user of the mask is to be guided to putting on the mask, making sure the fit is correct, taking of the mask and disposing the mask before the first use. The proper use of mask in all phases of usage is important. If the instructions are not obeyed, the user of mask can be exposed to health risk which the mask should protect against.
Inspection before use
- Wash or disinfect hands before touching the mask.
- Inspect the package of the mask is undamaged, the mask has all the parts that it’s supposed to have such as the filter itself and the straps and that they are intact.
- Inspect the last date of storage and do not use mask if it’s expired.
Wearing and trying on the mask and ensuring fit
- Ensure the mask has correct fit on face before starting the actual task.
- Cover the outer surface of the mask lightly with hands.
- If the mask has a respiratory valve, breathe hard in.
- If the mask has no respiratory valve, breathe hard out.
- If the air seems flow from under the mask, adjust nose clip and the position of mask until you feel the mask is tight.
- If you are not able to fit the mask on face, do not enter a dangerous area.
- If you use other protection equipment with this filtering half mask, ensure tightness after you have put on all the protection equipment that might interfere this mask.
- Ensure the filtering half mask does not diminish the protection by other protection equipment.
Instructions for usage and taking off and disposing of mask
- Use mask continuously.
- Do not touch outer surface of mask during use.
- Do not remove mask temporarily during use.
- Change to a new mask if you have to remove it from face or the mask is damaged.
- Use mask continuously on maximum the duration one shift.
- Recommendation is not to use mask over 4 hours.
- Before removing the mask wash or disinfect hands.
- Remove the mask without touching the outer surface of the mask. Lift it off from face for example by grabbing it from the sides.
- Place used mask according to the standard of the workplace either in a plastic bag and close the bag or in a trash bin intended for this use.
- In the end wash or disinfect hands.
Do not use mask if the date of storage or the alignment of Finnish Ministry of Health on the sales of COVID-19 masks has ended.
Instructions of maintenance, cleanup and disinfection
The mask is intended for single use. Follow the instructions carefully.
Store the masks in a dry space which temperature is between -5…+40 °C, the relative humidity under 65 %. Storaging time 24 months from manufacturing date. See manufacturing date on packaging.